Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Introducing Starlight's Triplets!

Starlight kidded uneventfully (thank God!) on Sunday, March 10th.  She had triplets, a buckling and two doelings.  #1, blue eyed doeling, 2 3/4 lbs.  #2, brown eyed buckling, 3 lbs.  #3, blue eyed doeling, 3 1/2 lbs.  All are doing well, bouncy and nursing great.  Starlight has more than enough milk for all of them.  Either buckling or doeling #3 are sale pending!  I'm a very happy, tired goat mama!

Triplets are Shere Country SH Starlight X North Forest Farm Shamrock


Laboring Starlight

baby #1

Our awesome new goat go to gal, Alisa, with one of the triplets.

Baby #1 and #2

Alisa dries off baby #2

2 comments:

  1. wow ,you are pretty handy to have around ,if your a goat ( jk )I know you helped delivered real human babies too,didn't you or did I dream that ,you never know with the way my mind is working overtime,my daughter just told me her landlord raises and mid-wifers for sheep,i was stunned because she lives in Eagan.I know parts of every country there is some country but it surprised me .I really thought from hearing about her she lived inside city limits.I should know better because the butcher where I get our free range chickens fir Jerry are raised on a city/country farm,oh and by the way,cute babies.Have you had any luck selling any yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I have a sale pending on two of them. :) I'm happy to see them going to good homes. By the way, best wishes to you as you prepare to move!

    ReplyDelete